Our eyes are like windows to the world. It is crucial to preserve their health. There are many eye conditions threatening your vision and glaucoma is one of them. It is one of the leading causes of blindness in the world among adults. The good news is that there is a glaucoma screening. It allows us to detect and manage the disease early enough. We at The Family Eye Site in Pembroke Pine, FL, are here to help.
What Is Glaucoma?
It is an eye condition that causes damage to the optic nerve. The optic nerve is extremely important as it connects the eyes with the brain. If you do not treat glaucoma, it can cause peripheral vision loss. The worst thing about this condition is that it develops slowly, meaning that there are no symptoms at first. This makes it hard to detect and diagnose.
Why Is Glaucoma Screening Necessary?
Here is a list of reasons why you should consider glaucoma screening:
- Detecting glaucoma at its early stage: The nickname of this eye condition is the "silent thief of sight". It means that it progresses slowly and without any obvious symptoms. Eye doctors recommend glaucoma screening regularly. With the help of screening, you are less likely to miss the early stage of glaucoma.
- Early intervention and management: Early detection allows for prompt management and intervention. You can slow vision loss if you start treatment early.
- Assessment of your eye health: An optometrist usually conducts glaucoma testing as a part of a comprehensive eye exam. During this exam, an eye doctor will assess the overall health of your eyes, retina, and the optic nerve. An eye exam helps to detect other eye conditions, not just glaucoma.
- Preserving the quality of life: Vision loss because of glaucoma can impact your daily activities. Glaucoma screening helps preserve your visual function and maintain your lifestyle.
- Personalized care: With the help of glaucoma screening, eye care professionals can provide personalized care to patients. They can also tailor treatment plans that will provide the best possible outcome for each patient.
Get an Eye Exam from an Eye Doctor or Optometrist at Our Optical Center
Glaucoma screening can be important as it helps to detect glaucoma early, facilitate timely intervention, and manage it effectively. Get regular screenings to preserve vision and reduce the risk of irreversible vision loss. If you live in Pembroke Pines, FL, or any other surrounding area and look for an optical center for glaucoma screening, we at The Family Eye Site are here for you. We specialize in treating and managing different eye conditions, including glaucoma. Feel free to reach out to ask to get answers to your questions or schedule an appointment. Call us at (954) 430-8330 for more information.