Many people over the age of 40 in the United States suffer from vision impairment and eye diseases. Living with an eye disease can increase your chances of partial and total vision loss. It can be scary to be diagnosed with an eye disease and find the right help to prevent vision loss. Fortunately, there is help available for the treatment and management of your eye disease through our trained optometrist.
At The Family Eye Site, our optometrist Dr. Caleb Kennedy helps residents of Pembroke Pines, FL, find relief from eye disease symptoms. Through eye disease treatment and management, Dr. Kennedy and his staff can improve your vision and quality of life.
What Is a Common Eye Disease?
Eye disease is a broad term to describe a variety of illnesses and ailments that directly affect the eye and your vision. Living with an eye disease can be difficult, and can cause a variety of symptoms including:
- Blurry vision
- Double vision
- Trouble focusing
- Eye pain
- Physical changes to the eye
- Dark spots in the vision
- Partial vision loss
- Total vision loss
- Increased eye pressure
- Degeneration of the eye
There are a variety of eye diseases that can lower your quality of life. These include:
- Cataracts, which is a condition in which a cloudy layer develops over the lens of the eye, affecting vision
- Diabetic retinopathy, which is a condition where glucose build-up in the eye causes destruction of the retina and blood vessels in the eye
- Glaucoma, which is a disease where the optic nerve is destroyed leading to vision loss
- Macular degeneration, which is a disease where the macula of the eye is destroyed leading to central vision loss
- Dry eye, which affects people for a variety of reasons and can cause itchy, dry, red eyes
How Our Optometrist Can Help
Our optometrist will conduct a full eye exam to determine if there is an underlying eye disease present. They will ask you about your symptoms, take a detailed medical and family history, and conduct tests to determine how the eye functions. They will then provide the best treatment and management for your eye disease, such as recommending surgery and medications to ease symptoms.
Protect Your Eyes with Eye Disease Management and Eye Disease Symptom Relief
It's never a good idea to leave eye diseases untreated. With the help of Dr. Kennedy, you can prevent eye disease from leading to complications. Call us today at The Family Eye Site to schedule an appointment at our Pembroke Pines, FL, clinic. Call us at (954) 430-8330.